About Del Smith
Del Smith is a highly qualified restorer and conservator of fine art,
specialising in the care and repair of paintings done in oil or acrylics.
His conservation studio was established in Perth in 1996, providing a comprehensive
fine art service to private individuals, collectors, galleries and museums.
Recent Restoration Projects
Del’s extensive work experience ranges from oil paintings of the 16th century through to modern works in acrylic, with particular interest in early 20th century Australian art. The studio is fully equipped and has ample space to accommodate large works.
- Picture cleaning, retouching and varnishing
- Consolidation of loose and flaking paint
- Repair and lining of damaged canvasses
- Repair of paintings on wooden panels
- Free estimates done on site (with no obligation)
- Surveys and condition reports of collections
- Reports for insurance claims
We also offer a range of ancillary fine art services and affiliate recommendations