- Graduated in Fine Art from Natal Technikon, South Africa, in 1976.
- Gained Post Graduate qualification in Conservation of Fine Art – Oil Paintings – from Gateshead Technical College (University of Northumbria) England, in 1983.
- Established a professional conservation studio at the Durban Art Gallery, South Africa, under contract to the Durban City Council (1984).
- Resident Conservator of Paintings at the Durban Art Gallery for 16 years, during which time oversaw the introduction of museum-standard practices for the exhibition, packing and transportation of artworks; also introduced internal climate control within the Gallery.
- Relocated to Perth WA in 1996 and established a private restoration and conservation studio.
Beyond his conservation work, Del is also a fine artist in his own right, painting primarily in oils. He has held numerous exhibitions and is represented in private collections in Perth and South Africa. His work covers a range of subject matter, from still life to landscape and pure abstraction. Examples can be viewed on request and commissions undertaken.